Mombasa saw the arrival of Anglican missionaries in 1844, with the first Africans ordained to the priesthood in 1885. Mass conversions occurred as early as 1910. The first Kenyan Bishops were consecrated in 1955. The Church became part of the Province of East Africa, established in 1960, but by 1970 Kenya and Tanzania were divided into separate Provinces.
The Anglican Church of Kenya
Primate:The Most Revd Dr Eliud Wabukala
Provincial Secretary:The Revd Canon Rosemary Mbogo