St. Edmund's Episcopal Church, Bronx, NY

Contact Information

The Rev.Fr.Nnaji Benjamin Udochukwu

(718) 299-7567
(718) 299-0060
New York
About Us: 

St. Edmund’s Episcopal Church

(An Anglican /Episcopal Parish of the Diocese of New York)

1905 Morris Avenue, Bronx, New York, 10453

Under the pastoral care of the Rev. Walter Edmund Bentley, a small congregation began worshipping in a church on the very site in the year1880. The Rev. Bentley was succeeded by the Rev. John G. Smiley, who in 1928, a few months before his retirement was named Rector. The church  building a wooden frame structure, was erected at the center of the site on what was then part of the Lewis Morris Farm; the farmhouse still stands on 177th street opposite the present church building. In 1907 the cornerstone for the new church building, the present sanctuary was laid. The first service in the edifice was on Easter Day 1911.



1905 Morris Ave.
Bronx, NY 10453
United States