The General Convention of 1871 voted to divide the Diocese of Pennsylvania. On Nov. 8-10, 1871, the primary convention of the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania met at St. Stephen's Church, Harrisburg. The 1904 General Convention voted to divide the diocese again. On May 26, 1909, the name was changed to the Diocese of Bethlehem. It consists of the following counties: Berks, Brandford, Carlson, Lackawanna, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Northampton, Pike, Schuylkill, Susquehanna, Wayne, and Wyoming. In Apr. 1900, Nativity Church, Bethlehem, became the Cathedral.