The Rev. Dr. Charles L. Hoffman
Grace Church, Old Saybrook began holding regular meetings in 1825. The Church met at the Center Schoolhouse with the rector of St. John's Episcopal Church, Essex, presiding. After meeting at the school for five years, the congregation began construction of a church building on what is now Main Street, just south of the Old Boston Post Road.
Grace Episcopal Church
336 Main Street