On Thursday, June 15, Thursdays at 2 features Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop and Primate Michael B. Curry in his 2017 World Refugee Day Message.
The video is available here.
“In the name of Mary, Joseph and the Lord Jesus, aid all refugees today, for most of the refugees like the Holy Family themselves, are families, and most are children,” the Presiding Bishop says. “I invite you to observe June 20 as World Refugee Day to learn more about the crisis and to find ways that you can both pray and help in other ways.”
In 2000, the United Nations named June 20 as World Refugee Day, deeming it an annual opportunity to celebrate the resilience and success of the former refugees who bless our communities with their wisdom and irrepressible spirit and to examine the root causes of violence and persecution that force people to flee at an alarming rate.
Episcopal Migration Ministries is a ministry of the Episcopal Church, and is one of nine national agencies that work in partnership with the government to resettle refugees in the United States. Episcopal Migration Ministries currently has 31 affiliate offices in 23 states.
Thursdays at 2 is a weekly preview of Episcopal Church innovative ministries. Every Thursday at 2 pm Eastern, a new video illustrating the work of congregations and individuals will be posted on the Episcopal Church's Facebook page here and YouTube Channel here
Produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communications, previously posted videos featured on Thursdays at 2 include:
- Jericho Road Episcopal Housing Initiative of New Orleans
- Thy Kingdom Come
- For Such a Time as This: A Call to Prayer, Fasting, and Advocacy
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Seattle WA
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes
- Bistro St. Michael’s
- Episcopal Migration Ministries
- Edible Churchyard
- Episcopal Revival
- St. Gabriel's, Leesburg VA
- Ecclesia Ministries Common Cathedral
- Christ Church in Philadelphia, PA
- YASCer in Tanzania
- Two Tables
- The Food Pantry at St. Gregory Nyssa in San Francisco, CA
- Young Adult Service Corps
- United Thank Offering at St. Paul's Senior Center
- Amazing Grace
- St. Thomas Choir School
- Bridal designer Anne Barge
- Ferguson Pilgrimage
- Bluestone Farms and the Community of the Holy Spirit
- The Abundant Table
For more information contact Mike Collins, Episcopal Church Manager of Multimedia.