Browse by Diocese

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | K | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W

The Episcopal Diocese of East Carolina was established in 1883 and includes Hertford, Bertie, Martin, Pitt, Greene, Wayne, Sampson, Cumberland, and Robeson counties. The diocese comprises approximately 67 congregations.

The Diocese of East Tennessee comprises 34 counties in East Tennessee and three counties in North Georgia, with the Cumberland Plateau as the western border. This area is approximately 14,350 square miles.

Within this area are 51 parishes and worshiping communities in East Tennessee and Northern Georgia servicing nearly 16,000 active members or 11,700 confirmed communicants in good standing. Average Sunday attendance is 4,902. Congregations range in attendance from 9 to more than 450 faithful worshipers. The diocesan budget is $1.84 million.

The Diocese of Eastern Michigan was created in 1994 and comprises 47 congregations.

Empowered for ministry through our baptism, the Diocese of Eastern Michigan is called to love God and neighbor through our relationship with God in Christ and through covenantal relationships characterized by collaboration, mutual accountability, and capacity building. We live this mission by praying, learning, serving and growing.

We are a community of Christians who practice an ancient faith in a post-industrial age. Through worship, service, and pastoral care the congregations of the diocese bring the love of Christ alive, ministering both in the mainstream and at the margins. Together we seek creative, life-giving, faith-enhancing responses to the challenges of contemporary economic, social, and spiritual life.

Follow the line of the Cascade mountain range in Oregon north to south, and you have the western boundary of the Episcopal Diocese of Eastern Oregon. From there, the 69,000-square-mile diocese is bounded by Washington state to the north with a small detour to include Klickitat County, Washington, by Idaho to the east, and Nevada and California to the south.

Rugged and wide open, with mountains and rangeland, high desert and pine forests, fruit orchards and wheat ranches, eastern Oregon lends its own character to the people who live there. The total population of the 18 Oregon counties and one Washington county that compose the diocese is about 552,000. There are more than 2,600 Episcopalians in the diocese’s 22 parishes. Diocesan headquarters are located at Ascension School Camp and Conference Center, in Cove, Oregon – the heart of the diocese.

Created as a missionary district in 1907, EDEO became a diocese in 1980. But the Episcopal presence in eastern Oregon dates to the late 1800s. One circuit riding priest, the Rev. Reuben D. Nevius, especially left his mark. Nevius, also a botanist, worked in eastern Oregon from 1873 to 1879. He designed and built churches, small architectural gems that still serve congregations. Among them: Ascension Chapel, Cove; St. Stephen’s, Baker City; St. James, Milton-Freewater; St. Thomas, Canyon City; and the Diocesan Chapel in The Dalles.

Episcopal Diocese of Easton, which separated from the Diocese of Maryland in 1868, comprises the nine counties that make up the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The total membership of the diocese is about 9,750 people, in 39 congregations. 

The Episcopal Diocese of Eau Claire is located in the northwestern counties of Wisconsin.

The Diocese of El Camino Real, California, stretches from Palo Alto in the north to Nipomo on the southern boundary of San Luis Obispo with Santa Barbara County. The diocese comprises the five counties of San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and Monterey, and worship is in seven languages: Cantonese, English, Lakota, Laotian, Mandarin, Spanish, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.