Cuba, Missionary District of
On Oct. 17, 1901, the House of Bishops established the Missionary District of Cuba. At first it was placed under the jurisdiction of the Presiding Bishop. In 1904 the first Missionary Bishop was consecrated. On Oct. 27, 1966, the House of Bishops made the Missionary District of Cuba the autonomous Diocese of Cuba within the Anglican Communion. The Episcopal Church of Cuba is under a Metropolitan Council composed of the Primate of Canada, the Archbishop of the West Indies, and the president of Province 9 of the Episcopal Church.