The 2006 General Convention set the last Sunday after Pentecost as "ONE Sunday" for the Episcopal Church. If you don't have the liturgical calendar superimposed on your day planner (even I don't!) â that date is November 25.
Weâve included links to resources you may find helpful in your preparations:
ONE Sabbath Toolkit for Church Leaders this has sermon ideas as well as worship resources
ONE Episcopalian Declaration Card â these are a great tool to get people involved in the ONE Episcopalian Campaign. Consider inserting them in your Sunday bulletin and having people placed filled out cards in the offertory plate.
A Bidding Prayer For An End To Global Poverty And Instability â This is a litany prepared by the Office of Government Relations. It is based on the MDGâs and can be used in place of the Prayers of the People.
Book of Common Prayer â the BCP also has many prayers that relate to topics of the MDG that you can use including prayers:
For Social Justice, p. 823
For the Poor and the Neglected, p. 826
For the Right Use of Godâs Gifts, p. 827
For the Conservation of Natural Resources, p. 827
MDG Sermons and Theological Reflections:
- Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori Investiture Sermon
- When the Spirit of the Lord is Upon Us: The Church and the MDGs â a sermon by the Rev. Dr. Francis H. Wade
- Theological Reflection by Alex Baumgarten: Advocating to Build the New Creation
- Watch Episcopal Life Online for the ONE Sunday Bulletin Insert â Coming Soon at http://www.episcopalchurch.org/page/weekly-bulletin-inserts
- For additional sermon ideas check out âSermons that Workâ - http://episcopaldigitalnetwork.com/stw/