Applications are now accepted for the 2019 United Thank Offering grants. The focus for the 2019 United Thank Offering grants is Go: Crossing boundaries created by race, culture, and economics to create communities that listen deeply and learn to live like Jesus. More information and application forms are available at bit.ly/UTO2019.
“Boundaries divide us and encourage us to see each other as more different than we are. Jesus was always crossing those kinds of boundaries to include the ‘other,’ and UTO wants to encourage projects that will continue that work of Jesus to heal divisions and grow the beautifully diverse kingdom of God,” commented Sherri Dietrich, United Thank Offering Board President.
Known worldwide as UTO, the United Thank Offering grants are awarded for projects that address a new focus area each year, both domestically and internationally in the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion. The United Thank Offering was founded to support innovative mission and ministry in the Episcopal Church and to promote thankfulness and mission in the whole Church. 100% of thank offerings given to UTO are granted the following year.
Detailed guidelines for applying for the grants are available here: bit.ly/UTO2019. The deadline is March 1, 2019, at 5 pm Eastern/4 pm Central/3 pm Mountain/2 pm Pacific/1 pm Alaska/12 pm Hawaii.
The UTO Grant Committee will offer webinars to answer any questions and go over the application on Tuesday, January 15 and Wednesday, February 13 at noon and 8 pm Eastern/7 pm Central/6 pm Mountain/5 pm Pacific/4 pm Alaska/3 pm Hawaii at zoom.us/j/8140408194.
The United Thank Offering will accept:
- grant applications for start-up costs of a new ministry.
- grant applications for seed money for start-up positions.
- one grant application per diocese within the Episcopal Church and one per province of the Anglican Communion.
- one additional application for a companion/partnership grant from a diocese of the Episcopal Church.
- Full details, including applications that will not be funded, are located at bit.ly/UTO2019. United Thank Offering will not fund the continuation of ongoing ministries.
For more information about guidelines and applications, contact the Rev. Canon Heather Melton, Staff Officer for the United Thank Offering, at [email protected].