This set of seven Adult Forums ties the Easter Vigil readings to the seven practices of the Way of Love. Drawing on the ancient practice of setting aside Lent as a period of study and preparation for living as a Christian disciple (known as the catechumenate), the forums encourage participants to reflect on salvation history; walk toward the empty tomb; and embrace the transforming reality of love, life, and liberation. As we stand with the three women at the empty tomb, we hear his call to go and live that transformed reality.
- Session One / TURN: Dead to Sin, Alive in Christ (Romans 6:3-11)
- Session Two / PRAY: Israel’s Deliverance at the Red Sea (Exodus 14:10-15:1)
- Session Three / LEARN: Learn Wisdom and Live (Proverbs 8:1-8, 19-21; 9:4b-6)
- Session Four / BLESS: A New Heart and a New Spirit (Ezekiel 36:24-28)
- Session Five / REST: The Valley of Dry Bones (Ezekiel 37:1-14)
- Session Six / WORSHIP: The Gathering of God’s People (Zephaniah 3:12-20)
- Session Seven / GO: The Empty Tomb (Luke 24:1-12)