St. George's Episcopal Church in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, is the Episcopal Church's memorial to the Attack on Pearl Harbor. The church was built in 1955 by funds from the General Convention. Today, military members from all branches and Hawaiian locals join together to worship every Sunday.
Bishop Suffragan for Federal Ministries James "Jay" Magness
During his June 19 consecration at Washington National Cathedral, Bishop Suffragan for Federal Ministries James "Jay" Magness (left) is handed the bishop's crozier by his predecessor Bishop George Packard.
Altar Rail Cushions at St. George's Episcopal Church
The hand-sewn Altar rail knee cushions at St. George's Episcopal Church honor the ships attacked during the Attack on Pearl Harbor, including the USS Arizona, which lost over half of her crew on December 7, 1941. St. George's is the Episcopal Church's memorial to Pearl Harbor. Every Sunday, military members and Hawaiian locals kneel on these cushions during Eucharist.
The Rev. Rick Tiff, an Episcopal chaplain
The Rev. Rick Tiff, an Episcopal chaplain, from the Diocese of Los Angeles, and Religious Program Specialist Seaman Brian Adamson outside the chapel at Camp Leatherneck, a 1,600-acre U.S. Marine Corps base located in southwestern Afghanistan's rugged Helmand Province.
The Rt. Rev. James "Jay" Magness
The Rt. Rev. James "Jay" Magness is the sixth bishop suffragan for federal ministries.
Bishop George E. Packard
Bishop George E. Packard reflects in the War Memorial Chapel of the Washington National Cathedral beside the Pentagon Memorial Cross honoring those who died and those who helped with rescue on 9/11. It was created from the stone rubble of the Pentagon and donated by U.S. Army chaplains.