This journal was published biweekly and then weekly from Sept. 13, 1851, until Dec. 30, 1852. It was founded and edited by William Augustus Muhlenberg. It was intended to be above the party divisions of the Episcopal Church at the time. Muhlenberg wanted to unite evangelical and catholic in the church. Its subtitle called it "A Paper Devoted Chiefly to Matters of Practical Christianity." See Muhlenberg, William Augustus.
Evangelical Catholic, The
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.