On Nov. 3, 1874, the House of Bishops gave its consent to the consecration of James Theodore Holly as Bishop of Haiti and signed a covenant with the Protestant Episcopal Church in Haiti. Holly served as Bishop until his death in 1911. On Oct. 4, 1913, the House of Bishops created the Missionary District of Haiti. Holy Trinity Cathedral, Port-au-Prince, was dedicated on Jan. 2, 1919. In 1985 it became the Diocese of Haiti.
Haiti, Diocese of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.