Hankow, Missionary District of

The General Convention of 1901 voted to divide China into the Missionary District of Shanghai and the Missionary District of Hankow. On Oct. 11, 1910, the House of Bishops voted to divide the Missionary District of Hankow and create the Missionary District of Wuhu. The Missionary District of Hankow became a part of the Holy Catholic Church in China in 1949.

Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.