The 1889 General Convention voted to divide the Diocese of Nebraska and create the Missionary District of The Platte. It was in existence from 1889 until 1946. From Oct. 10, 1907, until Oct. 14, 1913, it was known as the Missionary District of Kearney.
Kearney, Missionary District of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.