This diocese was organized at Trinity Church, Natchez, on May 17-18, 1826. It includes the entire state of Mississippi. On Jan. 19, 1966, St. Andrew's Church, Jackson, became the Cathedral Parish of St. Andrew.
Mississippi, Diocese of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.