The name of the Missionary District of New Mexico was changed to the Missionary District of New Mexico and Southwest Texas on Feb. 6, 1932. The primary convention of the Diocese was held at St. Andrew's Church, Boswell, New Mexico, Feb. 10-12, 1953. On Apr. 28, 1973, the name was changed to the Diocese of the Rio Grande.
New Mexico and Southwest Texas, Diocese of
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.