The oldest Anglican institution of theological education in the Spanish-speaking world. It was founded in 1894, by the Rev. Henry Forrester. The seminary is accredited by ALIET (Asociacion Latinoamericana Internacional de Escuelas Teologicas, Latin American Association of Theological Schools). It participates in a consortium of seminaries called the Comunidad Teologica. It was a seminary of the Episcopal Church as long as Mexico was part of the Episcopal Church. In 1994 the General Convention granted the five Mexican dioceses permission to withdraw from the Episcopal Church and constitute themselves an autonomous province. The Anglican Church of Mexico came into existence on Jan. 1, 1995. The seminary is now called St. Andrew's Anglican Seminary.
St Andrew's Theological Seminary, Mexico City
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.