This periodical was the second weekly publication in the Episcopal Church. It began publication on Jan. 3, 1818, at Charleston, South Carolina. Its full title was Sunday Visitant; or Weekly Repository of Christian Knowledge. It was edited by the Rev. Andrew Fowler (1760-1850), and published until Dec. 25, 1819.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.