Media Policies and Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in the work of the Episcopal Church.
- Media credentials will be issued in Austin, TX, beginning at noon, Tuesday, July 3, 2018. No advance credentials will be issued.
- General Convention Media Operations reserves the right to limit the number of credentials to any media outlet. Walk-in media credentials will be available on-site on a limited basis. Deputies/alternates and vendors/exhibitors to GC2018 are not eligible for media credentials. General Convention Media Operations reserves the right to refuse media credentials and to revoke media credentials.
- General Convention 2018 media credentials must be visible at all times while in the Austin Convention Center.
- The media room is open to credentialed media only.
- The media room offers free wi-fi.
- Media briefings are held daily. Locations and times will be announced. Additional media briefings will be slated with the locations and times announced by email, posted in the media room in advance, and placed on Media Hub.
- Times and locations of special news conferences will be announced as scheduled.
- The allotment of media space in the House of Bishops and the House of Deputies is limited and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The General Convention 2018 newsroom is designed to be a place for credentialed members of the working media. Recipients of media credentials agree to refrain from advocacy-oriented activities in this area. Personal endorsements and/or promotional efforts will not be tolerated; media credentials will be revoked.
- The daily schedule of General Convention is subject to change. Check with Public Affairs staff and the Media Hub for updated information.
- Requests for interviews should be submitted to [email protected].
- Digital/tape recording and still photography are permitted during plenary business sessions in both Houses; however, flash photography is prohibited during all plenary gatherings in both Houses.
- All electronic devices must be silenced during all sessions, media briefings, and while in the media room.
- Media are not permitted on the floor of the Houses while sessions are in progress. Media are required to remain in the designated media area.
- Media seats for committee hearings are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event of a special hearing, Media Operations will provide details.
- Inappropriate behavior, abusive language, and threats of any kind will not be tolerated. Media credentials will be immediately revoked.
Questions? Contact the Episcopal Church Public Affairs Office, [email protected]; (212) 716-6080.
The Episcopal Church: www.episcopalchurch.org
General Convention 2018: http://www.generalconvention.org/
Media Hub: http://www.episcopalchurch.org
Legislative Information: https://www.generalconvention.org/legislative-information-gc2018
Links for media resources for photos, videos, facts, etc., will be available at General Convention and will be made available to offsite (distant) credentialed media.