The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2023 UTO Grant Application Materials Now Available
Get started on your 2023 UTO Grant applications today.
2022 UTO Grant Awards
This year we awarded $1,051,154.14 in UTO grants that focus on Care of Creation.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- 2023 UTO Grants Materials Now Available!By Joyce Landers, Vice President of the United Thank Offering Board The granting materials for the 2023 granting cycle are now available on our website. The UTO Board has decided to use Matthew 25:36 as the […]
- November Gratitude Materials Now AvailableBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer For those of you planning your fall formation schedule, our November gratitude materials are ready! You can find all of them here. Our children’s materials are set up for use within […]
- UTO Coloring Contest and New Materials from Illustrated MinistriesBy Joyce Landers, Vice President of the United Thank Offering Board One of the projects we were most excited to launch at General Convention was our collaboration with Illustrated Ministries to turn the “General Thanksgiving,” found […]
- Giving Gratefully for the Future of GratitudeBy Sherri Dietrich, President of the United Thank Offering Board UTO’s Memorial Trust Fund allows the UTO Board to grant every penny of the Ingathering to support innovative mission and ministry. UTO also receives a small amount […]
- ￼Times of Transition and GratitudeBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer For many of us, August is a time of transition. Summer comes to an end, and the school year begins. I remember being surprised when I graduated from college how […]