In 2000, the United Nations General Assembly established June 20 as World Refugee Day to recognize and applaud the contribution of refugees throughout the world and to raise awareness about the growing refugee crisis. Episcopalians are invited to celebrate World Refugee Day with an event, prayer service, or other activity.
Here are some ways you can be involved:
- Host a #StandTogether Interfaith Conversation, Prayer and Dinner in honor of World Refugee Day. Resources available here.
- Celebrate World Refugee Day with your congregation. Plan a special event. Use the World Refugee Day bulletin inserts on Sunday, June 11.
- Follow Episcopal Migration Ministries and Episcopal Public Policy Network on Facebook and Twitter and watch for social media posts supporting #RefugeesWelcome and the #StandToSupportRefugees campaign to support welcome and hospitality for refugees.
- Find a local World Refugee Day event on this RCUSA list of Nationwide Events
- Join the Episcopal Public Policy Network to learn more about how you can work with local and elected leaders to support refugees.
If you have any questions or need additional information or resources, contact Kendall Martin, Communications Manager for Episcopal Migration Ministries.