December 7: On the Outside Looking In
Welcome feels good. Being included makes us feel warm and wanted. However, all of us, at some point in our lives, have felt unwelcomed, outside the group, unwanted. Today, reflect on a time you felt that sense of being on the outside looking in.
1. What does it feel like to be on the outside?
2. What did you feel about the people on the inside?
3. Did you understand why you were not included?
4. Did you try to overcome your exclusion?
5. Did anyone reach out to bring you in?
6. Have you ever been on the inside and seen someone being excluded?
7. How did that make you feel?
8. What would you do differently if you could?
Prayer activity: Share a prayer for today’s reflection on the Episcopal Church’s facebook page.