Application process open for Young Adult and Campus Ministries grants
The application process is now open for the 2018 Young Adult and Campus Ministry Grants, which provide funding for dioceses, congregations, and community college/tribal college/university campuses for an Episcopal ministry (or ecumenical ministry with an Episcopal presence).
The grants are for the 2018-19 academic year. A total of $138,000 is available for the 2018-2019 cycle, with a total of $400,000 available for the triennium.
There are four categories of grants:
- Leadership Grants: to establish a new, restore a dormant, or reenergize a current campus ministry. Grants will range from $20,000-$30,000 and can be used over a two-year period.
- Campus Ministry Grants: to provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Grants will range from $3,000-$5,000.
- Young Adult Ministry Grants: to provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative young adult ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Grants range from $3,000-$5,000.
- Project Grants: to provide money for a one-time project that will enhance and impact the campus or young adult ministry. Grants $100-$1,000.
The three-step process is:
- Grant Discernment and Planning (download the pdf)
- Completing the Grant Application (download the Word doc)
- Completing and submitting the application here. The application must be completed in full and submitted online.
Background info and grant application are linked here.
The applications will be reviewed by a team that will include Provincial Campus Ministry Coordinators, leaders in ministry with young adults, an Executive Council member, and Episcopal Church staff members.
- Deadline to submit applications is February 2 at 10 pm Eastern/9 pm Central/8 pm Mountain/7 pm Pacific.
- Grant applications read and assessed by team of reviewers February 3-16.
- Grant reviewers meet to discern and create recommendations for Executive Council February 17-28.
- Recommendations will be forwarded to Executive Council March 5.
- Executive Council will meet and make determinations April 21-23.
- Letters for success grant applications will be prepared and mailed April 25-27.
- Grants will be announced April 30.
For more information contact Valerie Harris, Formation Associate.