Episcopal Church Campus Ministry grants announced
Samuel McDonald, Episcopal Church Director of Mission and Deputy Chief operating Officer, announced the recipients of the Campus Ministry Grants, totaling $99,598, for the 2014-2015 grant cycle.
Campus Ministry Grants provide dioceses, parishes or community college/college/university campuses with funding for new as well as current campus ministries in higher education institutions in the Episcopal Church.
“These grants help the Episcopal Church imagine a broader vision of campus ministry,” commented the Rev. Michael Angell, Episcopal Church Missioner for Young Adult and Campus Ministries. “Additionally, our goal is to reach out to college students who would not seek out a traditional Canterbury House and community and tribal colleges.”
A team of eleven, including the Provincial Campus Ministry Coordinators, reviewed the grant applications. A total of 53 applications were received.
Two Leadership Grants and 12 Program Grants were awarded to 11 dioceses. The Leadership Grants will start new campus ministry initiatives. The Program Grants provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current initiative.
- Diocese of North Dakota – Sitting Bull College, United Tribes
Technical College: $25,000
- Diocese of Western Michigan – Universities and community colleges in Grand Rapids: $20,148
- Diocese of Iowa – Student leaders forming campus ministries initiative: $5,000
- Diocese of Minnesota – University of Minnesota, Duluth: $5,000
- Diocese of Western Michigan - Hope College: $5,000
- Diocese of Montana - Flathead Valley Community College: $5,000
- Diocese of Minnesota - All Minnesota Colleges: $5,000
- Diocese of Minnesota - Riverland Community College: $5,000
- Diocese of Milwaukee - University of Wisconsin, Whitewater: $5,000
- Diocese of Los Angeles - California State Long Beach: $5,000
- Diocese of Western Massachusetts - Mount Holyoke: $5,000
- Diocese of Olympia - Western Washington: $5,000
- Diocese of El Camino Real - West Valley Community College: $2,750
- Diocese of East Carolina – University of North Carolina - Pembroke: $1,700
The Episcopal Church: www.episcopalchurch.org