EYE17 planning team prepares event schedule; arrangements discussed for Province IX EYE in 2019
The draft schedule for the 2017 Episcopal Youth Event (EYE17) was the focus of the EYE17 Planning team at its final meeting April 20-23 in Minneapolis.
“For nearly a year, the Planning Team has been working diligently to plan an innovative and engaging EYE17,” said Bronwyn Clark Skov, Director for Formation, Youth, and Young Adult Ministries.
The event will welcome nearly 1,300 participants and youth leaders from across the Episcopal Church. EYE17 will be held in partnership with the Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma July 10-14 on the campus of the University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond.
An outline of the still developing EYE17 schedule is posted here.
The 29-member EYE17 Planning team is divided into four Teams working on specific areas of the event:
- Liturgy & Music Team
- Hospitality Team
- Program Team
- Evangelism Team
EYE is every three years in accordance with General Convention Resolution #1982-D079. The 2017 event marks the thirteenth EYE and remains a popular and well-attended event. EYE17 is geared for youth in grades 9-12 during the 2016-2017 academic year and their adult leaders.
EYE17 Planning Team
Members of the EYE17 planning team are listed here.
- Enmanuel Almeida, Iglesia Episcopal Dominicana
- Tyler Benting, Diocese of Southeast Florida
- Kiera Campbell, Diocese of Olympia
- Christi Cunningham, Diocese of Fond du Lac
- Jenna Elmer, Diocese of Oklahoma
- Rachel Feenstra, Diocese of Connecticut
- Josh Floberg, Diocese of North Dakota
- Andrés Gonzalez-Bonillas, Diocese of Arizona
- Pierce Hubbard, Diocese of Spokane
- Rebecca Loncar, Diocese of Michigan
- Trevor Mahan, Diocese of Kansas
- Avery Nasworthy, Diocese of Massachusetts
- Leyla Robinson, Diocese of Maryland
- Devon Shank, Diocese of Southwest Florida
- Sharisma Ubiera, Diocese of New Jersey/Iglesia Episcopal Dominicana
- Chenyeng Vang, Episcopal Church in Minnesota
- Grace Aheron, Diocese of Virginia – Team Chaplain
- Arlette Benoit, Diocese of Atlanta
- Mindy Boynton, Episcopal Church in Minnesota
- Ronald Ruiz Braman, Diocese of Idaho
- Randy Callender, Diocese of Maryland – Event Chaplain
- Elizabeth Canaday, Diocese of Oklahoma – Local Liaison
- Maggie Foote, Diocese of Southern Ohio
- Myra Garnes, Diocese of Long Island
- Samantha Haycock, Diocese of Arkansas
- Christoph Herpel, Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe
- Frank Sierra, Diocese of West Missouri
- Sam Hensley, Diocese of Texas
- Julia Domenick, Diocese of Georgia
- Sarah Klitzke, Diocese of Dallas
- Valerie Harris, Associate for Formation Department
- Shannon Kelly, Officer for Young Adult and Campus Ministries
- Wendy Johnson, Officer for Digital Formation and Events
- Bronwyn Clark Skov, Director for Formation, Youth, and Young Adult Ministries
Pastoral Care Team
The EYE17 Pastoral Care Team encompasses 40 young adults and adults who are volunteering help support the event by serving as the chaplains, residential staff, chaplains, and medical team.
Members of the EYE17 Pastoral Care Team are listed here.
Province IX event
Thanks to an Episcopal Church Constable Fund Grant , the Office of Formation is working with the bishops and their representatives from each of the seven dioceses of Province IX to plan a Spanish language Province IX Youth and Young Adult Event for 2019.
“We are especially excited to welcome Province IX leadership and are looking forward to partnering with these dioceses on a Spanish language event in 2019,” Skov said.
Representatives from each diocese, along with the Province IX Coordinator the Rev. Connie Sanchez joined the EYE17 Planning Team and will meet again during EYE17 to nurture network development and to learn from the process of planning an event of this magnitude.
Representatives from Province IX joining the Planning Team are:
Juan Carlos Quiñonez
Elias Garcia Cardenas
Israel Portilla Gomez
Luis Alberto Garcia
Angel Davila Colón
Bryan Alexis Velez
Province IX Coordinator
The Rev. Connie Sanchez
Following EYE17, the Office of Formation staff will meet with these Province IX leaders to start the process of collaboratively planning the 2019 Province IX Youth and Young Adult Event.