The Good Book Club: resources now available
A wide range of resources, from prayers to videos to study guides, are now available from the more than 25 partners presenting the Good Book Club, an opportunity for reflection and prayer.
The Good Book Club is a churchwide initiative that invites the reading of the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles during the liturgical seasons of Lent and Easter 2018. Led by Forward Movement, the Good Book Club readings begin the Sunday prior to Ash Wednesday (February 11, 2018), and finish on Pentecost (May 20, 2018).
The Good Book Club, Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has said, provides an opportunity to “read, mark, learn and inwardly digest the Holy Scriptures.” He noted that “The Gospel of Luke tells the story of Jesus” while “the Acts of the Apostles tells the story of those who followed in the footsteps of Jesus.”
- The many resources, including daily readings, are available here.
- Spanish resources and information are available here.
- The Get Involved tab is dedicated to ways for people to get started.
- The toolkit link is here.
- Forward Day by Day, Forward Movement’s flagship devotional, will use Good Book Club readings during Lent-Easter 2018. This provides for hundreds of thousands of people worldwide to join the Good Book Club.
- Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Michael Curry has offered an invitation to Episcopalians and all Christians to join the Good Book Club in a video here in English and with Spanish subtitles here.
More resources will be added, so check the resource page regularly for personal development, group discussion and 2018 program planning. Stay up-to-date by following The Good Book Club on Facebook here.
Partners in the Good Book Club are:
For more information, contact Jason Merritt at [email protected].
COMING IN JANUARY 2018 – A GOOD BOOK CLUB WEBINAR! DETAILS SOON!