Today on Thursdays at 2: Presiding Bishop’s Election message
On Thursday, October 27, Thursdays at 2 will feature Presiding Bishop Michael Curry’s Election Message.
The video is available here and is also available closed-captioned.
“Voting and participation in our government is a way of participating in our common life,” Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop and Primate Michael Curry said in a video election message. “And that is a Christian obligation. Indeed, we who follow in the Way of Jesus of Nazareth are summoned to participate actively as reflections of our faith in the civil process.”
Thursdays at 2 is a weekly preview of Episcopal Church innovative ministries. Every Thursday at 2 pm Eastern, a new video illustrating the work of congregations and individuals will be posted on the Episcopal Church's Facebook page here and YouTube Channel here.
Produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communications, previously posted videos featured on Thursdays at 2 include:
- The Crossing
- United Thank Offering at St. Paul's Senior Center
- Amazing Grace
- Creating Us
- St. Thomas Choir School
- Bridal designer Anne Barge
- Musician Mike Notter
- Reflections by Brother Geoffrey
- Ferguson Pilgrimage
- I am a missionary: The Rev. Jimmy Bartz
- Potluck Dinners
- Jericho Road
- Jennifer Caldwell and Episcopal Moments
- Bluestone Farms and the Community of the Holy Spirit
- The Abundant Table
- Missional Voices
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry on World Refugee Day 2016
- Church on the Square in Baltimore
- Episcopal Church Advocacy
- Missional Communities
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, a food truck ministry in the Diocese of Rhode Island
- Double Down on Love, an original song from the Thad's Band in Santa Monica, CA, Diocese of Los Angeles
- The Slate Project, an Episcopal, Lutheran and Presbyterian congregation that exists online and in person.
- The Rev. Scott Claasan of St Michael’s University Church reflecting on how music and surfing led him back to church.
For more information contact Mike Collins, Episcopal Church Manager of Multimedia.