Today on Thursdays at 2: St. Thomas Choir School
On Thursday, September 8, Thursdays at 2 will feature the St. Thomas Choir School based in New York City.
The video is available here and is also available closed-captioned.
The boys in grades 3 through 8 board at the St. Thomas Choir School during the academic year and not just because their singing schedule requires it. Life in community is the very thing that allows the boys to achieve the musical excellence for which they are known. It is also one of the most valuable experiences the Choir School has to offer. The Third Grade, begun in the fall of 2006, follows a modified boarding plan with the boys arriving each week either Sunday evening or Monday morning as their families' schedules allow. All Third Grade boys go home for the weekend on Friday afternoon. The number of boys in the grade is kept to a very small number to allow for the care and attention needed as well as to reserve space for those boys who live at a greater distance from the school who will audition and join the choir in fourth or fifth grade. Everything about the school is tailored to the needs of the boys.
Thursdays at 2 is a weekly preview of Episcopal Church innovative ministries. Every Thursday at 2 pm Eastern, a new video illustrating the work of congregations and individuals will be posted on the Episcopal Church's Facebook page here and YouTube Channel here
Produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communications, previously posted videos featured on Thursdays at 2 include:
- Bridal designer Anne Barge
- Musician Mike Notter
- Reflections by Brother Geoffrey
- Ferguson Pilgrimage
- I am a missionary: The Rev. Jimmy Bartz
- Potluck Dinners
- Jericho Road
- Jennifer Caldwell and Episcopal Moments
- Bluestone Farms and the Community of the Holy Spirit
- The Abundant Table
- Missional Voices
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry on World Refugee Day 2016
- Church on the Square in Baltimore
- Episcopal Church Advocacy
- Missional Communities
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, a food truck ministry in the Diocese of Rhode Island
- Re-membering and Re- Imagining, a report from the House of Bishops.
- Double Down on Love, an original song from the Thad's Band in Santa Monica, CA, Diocese of Los Angeles
- The Slate Project, an Episcopal, Lutheran and Presbyterian congregation that exists online and in person.
- The Rev. Canon Stephanie Spellers, Presiding Bishop’s Canon for Reconciliation and Evangelism, providing an update on recent church planting meetings.
- The Rev. Scott Claasan of St Michael’s University Church reflecting on how music and surfing led him back to church.
For more information contact Mike Collins, Episcopal Church Manager of Multimedia.