Today on Thursdays at 2: A young adult missionary in Africa
On Thursday, December 8, Thursdays at 2 will feature Andy Russell, an Episcopal Church Young Adult Service Corps volunteer as he shared his experiences in the African country of Tanzania.
The video is available here and is also available closed-captioned.
Andy Russell from the Diocese of Southern Virginia has served as a Young Adult Service Corps (YASC) volunteer in the Diocese of Central Tanganyika, Tanzania. The experience, he says, has helped him to grow and expand his outlook on life.
Young Adult Service Corps, commonly known as YASC, are young adults (21-30 years old) who engage in mission and ministry in the Episcopal Church and the Anglican Communion.
Thursdays at 2 is a weekly preview of Episcopal Church innovative ministries. Every Thursday at 2 pm Eastern, a new video illustrating the work of congregations and individuals will be posted on the Episcopal Church's Facebook page here and YouTube Channel here.
Produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communications, previously posted videos featured on Thursdays at 2 include:
- Two Tables
- The Food Pantry at St. Gregory Nyssa in San Francisco, CA
- Carrie Black
- Young Adult Service Corps
- The Crossing
- United Thank Offering at St. Paul's Senior Center
- Amazing Grace
- Creating Us
- St. Thomas Choir School
- Bridal designer Anne Barge
- Musician Mike Notter
- Reflections by Brother Geoffrey
- Ferguson Pilgrimage
- I am a missionary: The Rev. Jimmy Bartz
- Potluck Dinners
- Jericho Road
- Jennifer Caldwell and Episcopal Moments
- Bluestone Farms and the Community of the Holy Spirit
- The Abundant Table
- Missional Voices
- Church on the Square in Baltimore
- Episcopal Church Advocacy
- Missional Communities
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, a food truck ministry in the Diocese of Rhode Island
- Double Down on Love, an original song from the Thad's Band in Santa Monica, CA, Diocese of Los Angeles
- The Slate Project, an Episcopal, Lutheran and Presbyterian congregation that exists online and in person.
- The Rev. Scott Claasan of St Michael’s University Church reflecting on how music and surfing led him back to church.
For more information contact Mike Collins, Episcopal Church Manager of Multimedia.