Today on Thursdays at 2: Young Adult Service Corps
On Thursday, November 3, Thursdays at 2 will feature members of the Young Adult Service Corps as they prepare for their year of service.
The video is available here and is also available closed-captioned.
Young Adult Service Corps is commonly known as YASC. The YASCers in the video will be serving throughout the Anglican Communion, working alongside partners in administration, agriculture, communication, development, and education. They are serving in Brazil, Costa Rica, England, France, Haiti, Hong Kong, Japan, Jerusalem, Panama, Philippines, and South Africa.
Thursdays at 2 is a weekly preview of Episcopal Church innovative ministries. Every Thursday at 2 pm Eastern, a new video illustrating the work of congregations and individuals will be posted on the Episcopal Church's Facebook page here and YouTube Channel here.
Produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communications, previously posted videos featured on Thursdays at 2 include:
- Presiding Bishop’s Election message
- The Crossing
- United Thank Offering at St. Paul's Senior Center
- Amazing Grace
- Creating Us
- St. Thomas Choir School
- Bridal designer Anne Barge
- Musician Mike Notter
- Reflections by Brother Geoffrey
- Ferguson Pilgrimage
- I am a missionary: The Rev. Jimmy Bartz
- Potluck Dinners
- Jericho Road
- Jennifer Caldwell and Episcopal Moments
- Bluestone Farms and the Community of the Holy Spirit
- The Abundant Table
- Missional Voices
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry on World Refugee Day 2016
- Church on the Square in Baltimore
- Episcopal Church Advocacy
- Missional Communities
- Mobile Loaves and Fishes, a food truck ministry in the Diocese of Rhode Island
- Double Down on Love, an original song from the Thad's Band in Santa Monica, CA, Diocese of Los Angeles
- The Slate Project, an Episcopal, Lutheran and Presbyterian congregation that exists online and in person.
- The Rev. Scott Claasan of St Michael’s University Church reflecting on how music and surfing led him back to church.
For more information contact Mike Collins, Episcopal Church Manager of Multimedia.