United Thank Offering young adult, seminarian grants awarded for 2017
The 2017 United Thank Offering grants for seven seminarians and four young adults were approved by Executive Council at its February meeting.
The focus of the grants is The Jesus Movement.
The United Thank Offering is a ministry to promote thankfulness and mission in the whole Church. Known worldwide as UTO, the United Thank Offering awards grants for projects that address human needs and help alleviate poverty, both domestically and internationally in the Episcopal Church.
Seminarian Grant Awards
- A Good and Joyful Thing: Meaningful Eucharistic Liturgies for Children and Families; Berkeley Divinity School at Yale; $1,210; Emily J. Garcia, Diocese of Massachusetts
- The Episcopal Church Resource Center on Second Life; Berkeley Divinity School at Yale; $2,500; Cheryl McFaddin, Diocese of East Carolina
- Journey Together at the Abundant Table Farm ([email protected]); Episcopal Divinity School; $2,500; Lisa Devine, Diocese of Los Angeles
- Shared Struggles; Collective Liberation: A Holy Land Pilgrimage; The School of Theology at the University of the South; $1,997.97; Kevin-Antonio Smallwood, Diocese of Western Massachusetts
- Equipping Episcopal Seminarians to Nourish Children Spiritually through Godly Play; Seminary of the Southwest; $2,400; Reagan Gonzalez, Diocese of Montana
- Capturing the Beauty Way, Hozho; Virginia Theological Seminary; $2,500; Leon Sampson, Navajoland Area Mission
- If You Really Knew Me: A Series of Conversations Tilted Towards Reconciliation; Virginia Theological Seminary; $2,500; Kathleen Walker, Diocese of Southeast Florida
Young Adult Grant Awards
- Evangelism Intern to the University of Arkansas; Samantha Haycock, Diocese of Arkansas, $2,500
- Cheii’s Web Development; Ryan Sam, Navajoland Area Mission; $2,330.07
- The Episcopal Church Stands with Standing Rock; Patrick Kelly, Diocese of North Dakota , $2,500
- Young Adult Leadership Development – Union of Black Episcopalians; Darius Jenkins, Diocese of Southern Ohio; $2,500
Descriptions of the grants are located here.
For more information contact the Rev. Heather Melton, Missioner for the United Thank Offering.