CULTIVATE: Resilient Hope, A Young Adult and Campus Ministry Leadership Conference
CULTIVATE: Resilient Hope (the Young Adult and Campus Ministry Leadership Conference) is an Episcopal conference for leaders in ministry with young adults on and off college campuses. Our time together will focus on how we, as leaders and mentors, can cultivate resilient hope in the midst of our everyday lives, the current events in our country and in our communities.
Presiding Bishop Michael Curry will be with us on Monday to preach and discuss the importance of young adult and campus ministry. We hope this gathering will be a time when leaders who are new to this work as well as those who have longstanding roots in this ministry will meet and connect with one another in order to be nourished and nurtured in ministry with young adults.
Date and Location
June 25-28, 2017 at St. David’s Episcopal Church, Austin, Texas
View the complete draft schedule here.
- PreConference – especially for those new to ministry in the last few years, but also for those wishing to renew and refresh their studies, and those who are always ready to learn from their peers.
- Opening Banquet and Award Presentations
- Presiding Bishop Michael Curry will be with us for our Eucharist and for conversations throughout the day.
- We have reserved Monday night as a night for Provinces to gather for dinner if they wish. (optional)
Tuesday and Wednesday
- Time spent in workshops, discussion, learning from one another, Cultivation Talks (like TED Talks but we are cultivating our own ideas) and worship.
We will be having a PreConference on Sunday from 2-6. This is geared toward those who are new to ministry (in the last 3 years) and those who want to explore some of the basics of doing ministry with young adults.
Online registration form: https://dfms.formstack.com/forms/yacm_registration2017
Registration includes hotel, programming, Sunday dinner, Monday and Tuesday breakfast and lunch, and Wednesday breakfast. Accommodations are provided at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center on a first-come, first-served basis. Our meeting space will be at St. David’s Episcopal Church. It is about a 10 minute walk we will have shuttle vans to take you to the church in the morning and back to the hotel at the close of the day.
- Single Room: 400.00
- Double Room: 280.00
- Commuter: 50.00 p/day
Current Student or Episcopal Service Corps Member (subsidized rate) – only shared accommodation is available at the subsidized rate:
- Double Room: $200.00
- Commuter: $40.00 p/day
For more questions, contact The Rev. Shannon Kelly, Officer for Campus & Young Adult Ministries, 212-716-6081, [email protected].
Registration deadline is: June 5, 2017.