The Parish of Christ Church serves the Oxford Hills area of western Maine. There are approximately 150 members of the parish. The members of our church family live in the eight towns of the Oxford Hills, the surrounding communities and our seasonal visitors. The parish is active in the community. We house the local food pantry, participate in ecumenical groups and ministries, as well as, fostering a three-decade covenant relationship with St. Catherine of Siena Roman Catholic Church, our neighbor across the street.
The Parish was founded in 1897 and has been offering a ministry of worship, education, outreach and pastoral care since that time. The church, built that same year, was designed by Bertram Grosvner Goodhue, who also designed St. Thomas Church in New York City and the West Point Military Academy Chapel. After many decades of ministry as a mission of the Episcopal Diocese of Maine, Christ Church became a Parish in 1974.