Mail to: PO Box 7367, Ruidoso, NM 88355-7367
A brief history: In the 1930's, several Episcopal families in the area wished to have a chapel. In all liklihood, the idea came first to the mind of Helena Ann Tully, after whom this church was named and who revered Ann as her patron saint.
St. Ann's is located approximately 15 miles East of Ruidoso on Highway 70. The chapel was first known as "The Mission of Transfiguration." The chapel is situated on a site donated by the Bonnell family for use as long as church services are held on a regular basis.
The building is made of native field stone with a red tile roof. It was built by G. F. Bruns who lived in the Glencoe area. It has a stone altar and a metate stone for the front. The interior measurements are 34 feet length, 15 feet width and the height is 8 feet 6 inches. It has seating capacity for about 40 people. The local parishoners love their Church and are proud if its' history.
The Denver Post, once wrote of St. Anne's in 1964..."Many tourists along the route between Alamogordo and Roswell are attracted by its setting. They will stop, drop in for meditation, or just walk around the rocky churchyard. It is, of course, a mecca for camera fans too."
The Chapel is one of the only churches that is open for prayer or viewing 24 hours a day.