St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church is a small and friendly group of Christians who gather to worship following the 1979 Book of Common Prayer. Our congregation began as a mission in 1954 during a period when there was rapid growth within the Church and when Saginaw Township was just beginning to grow. Services were originally held in the old Saginaw Township Hall.
We have been at our present location since building a “parish hall” on this corner in 1956. The building was turned into a worship area during the ‘60s and the present parish hall on the west side of the church was added in the ‘70s.
The congregation became a parish within the Diocese of Michigan in 1962. With the division of that diocese in 1995 we became a congregation in union with the Diocese of Eastern Michigan.
To know, love and share Jesus.
As Episcopalians we welcome all Christians to our congregation. The Holy Eucharist is open to all baptized Christians.
Worship With Us:
Saturday 5:00 PM - Holy Eucharist (without music)
Sunday 10:00 AM - Holy Eucharist (with music)
10:00 AM - Sunday School (closed during Summer)