The Way of Love Revival in Fond du Lac: 10 Things We Love about Our Faith Communities
We asked folks from around the Episcopal Diocese of Fond du Lac what they loved most about their faith communities. Here are a sample of the more common responses we received.
1. I love the welcoming, helpful church family. We are a very small congregation, but with a few we accomplish greatness.
2. The small community of faith people, with great discussions, thoughtful conversations, willing to work together on a variety of important needs for the betterment of the whole church.
3. We are a family who lift each other up in the light of Christ. We respect the dignity of each individual allowing each person to experience God’s love as they need.
4. I know many people in the diocese and love them as my sisters and brothers in Christ.
5. I love that we have the support of the Bishop on our continued faith journey.
6. Our diocese has a diversity of churches and long tradition of service and caring and an ability to discuss freely and learn.
7. Being an Episcopalian, I love that we can question.
8. The people, the liturgy, and a sense of continuity with the Christian past.
9. I love the liturgy, the sacraments, the hymns and a focus on having a relationship with Jesus.
10. It’s an environment that is reverent, that is caring and that is welcoming and inclusive, always trying to look outward.