Anking, Missionary District of
On Oct. 11, 1910, the House of Bishops voted to divide the Missionary District of Hankow in China and create the Missionary District of Wuhu. The name was changed to the Missionary District of Anking on Oct. 17, 1913. It went out of existence in 1949 when it became a part of the Holy Catholic Church in China.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.