Banner of the Church
This journal first appeared on Sept. 3, 1831. It was published in Boston, and it represented high church views. Its motto was “In the Name of Our God We will Set Up Our Banner.” It was edited by George Washington Doane and William Croswell. The last issue was published on Nov. 24, 1832. Its subscription list was given to The Churchman.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.