Central Philippines, Diocese of
The 1901 General Convention established the Missionary District of the Philippines. In 1973 the Diocese of the Philippines was divided into three missionary districts. One of these was the Central Missionary District. In 1985 it became the Diocese of Central Philippines. In July 1988, the House of Bishops voted to release the Philippine Episcopal Church to form a new province. On May 1, 1990, the Philippine Episcopal Church became autonomous as the twenty-eighth province of the Anglican Communion.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.