Clarkson College, Omaha, Nebraska
The Bishop Clarkson School of Nursing was founded in 1888 in memory of Bishop Robert Harper Clarkson (1826-1884), the first Bishop of Nebraska. In 1981 it became the Bishop Clarkson College of Nursing and became a degree-granting institution. In 1993 it became a comprehensive, four-year college offering the bachelor's degree. It is a member of the Association of Episcopal Colleges.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.