St Mark’s College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
In 1850 a charter was obtained for the establishment of an institution for academic, collegiate, and theological learning to be known as St. Mark's College. The only president was the Rev. Charles C. Taylor (d. 1855). St. Mark's College was abandoned in 1851.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.