Western Nebraska, Missionary District of
The 1889 General Convention voted to divide the Diocese of Nebraska and create the Missionary District of The Platte. The name was changed to the Missionary District of Laramie in 1898 and to the Missionary District of Kearney in 1907. From Oct. 14, 1913, until Sept. 14, 1946, when the General Convention voted to retrocede it to the Diocese of Nebraska, it was known as the Missionary District of Western Nebraska.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.