Worthington College, Worthington, Ohio
Former church-related college. In the summer of 1817 the Rev. Philander Chase moved to Worthington and soon became principal of the academy there. On Feb. 8, 1819, the legislature gave the academy a college charter and Chase became president. In 1821 Chase moved to Cincinnati, and in 1828 the teachers and students moved to Kenyon College. In 1830 the college became the “Reformed Medical College” with no Episcopal connection.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from “An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians,” Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.