Journeying the Way of Love Advent Curriculum
For the season of Advent, Journeying the Way of Love offers four sessions to be explored as we await the coming of Christ by moving through the first two chapters of the Gospel of Luke. Luke’s gospel provides a pattern for understanding how we can live the Way of Love as individuals, as families and friends, as a community, and out in the world. The sessions are specially designed for use during the Christian formation hour before or after worship. Facilitation instructions accommodate small or large groups.
- Advent One: The Annunciation: Saying “Yes” to the Journey
- Advent Two: Mary and Elizabeth: Journeying with Family and Friends
- Advent Three: The Birth of John the Baptist: Journeying with Community
- Advent Four: The Birth of Jesus: Journeying with the World
- Curriculum Resources: Journeying the Way of Love Advent Calendar, Discussion Questions about Spiritual Practices, Starting a Rule of Life, Scripture Passages
Don’t forget to download the Journeying the Way of Love Advent Calendar! To accompany the Journeying the Way of Love curriculum, use the Advent Calendar, which offers daily suggestions for engaging in the seven practices that encompass the Way of Love: Turn, Learn, Pray, Worship, Bless, Go, and Rest.
The calendar can also be used as a standalone resource– keep at your desk or on your fridge and refer to it every day!