$133,000 awarded for Campus Ministry grants
$133,000 has been awarded to 18 recipients of the Episcopal Church 2016 Young Adult and Campus Ministry grants.
Young Adult and Campus Ministry Grants provide funding for dioceses, congregations, and community college/tribal college/university campuses that are doing or seek to do ministry with young adults on and off college campuses.
“These grants help the Episcopal Church live into an expanding understanding of what it means to be in ministry with young adults on and off college campuses,” said the Rev. Shannon Kelly, Missioner for Young Adult and Campus Ministries. “This is a growing ministry, one that shows the church how to engage mission and the Jesus Movement in new, innovative ways. We are excited to be in partnership as these programs grow and develop over the next year.”
Two Leadership Grants and 16 Program Grants were awarded to 16 dioceses. Leadership Grants will start or reinvigorate young adult and campus ministry initiatives. Program Grants provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new and innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current initiative.
- Diocese of Connecticut, Episcopal Church at Yale: $29,000
- Diocese of New York, Canterbury Downtown Campus Ministry: $17,500
- Diocese of Central Pennsylvania, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church and Protestant Campus Ministry at Bloomsburg University: $2,000
- Diocese of Delaware, Episcopal Campus Ministry, University of Delaware: $3,500
- Diocese of East Carolina, Episcopal Campus Christian Organization at University of North Carolina, Wilmington: $3,000
- Diocese of El Camino Real, San Luis Obispo Canterbury Foundation: $5,000
- Diocese of Los Angeles, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church: $5,000
- Diocese of Los Angeles, Abundant Table: $5,000
- Diocese of Long Island, Protestant Campus Ministry at Stony Brook University: $5,000
- Diocese of Maryland, Episcopal Service Corps – Maryland: $5,000
- Diocese of Montana, St. James Episcopal Church First Nation Campus Ministry: $10,000
- Episcopal Church in Minnesota, Circle of the Beloved ESC: $5,000
- Episcopal Church in Minnesota, Common Table: Episcopal Campus Ministry Saint John’s Episcopal Church, St. Cloud: $5,000
- Diocese of North Dakota, St. Luke’s, St. James’ Standing Rock Sioux Indian Reservation: $5,000
- Diocese of Oregon, Holy Ground Episcopal Campus Ministry and Portland Metro Episcopal Campus Ministry: $5,000
- Diocese of Southern Virginia, Canterbury Association, The Episcopal Church at the College of William and Mary: $10,000
- Diocese of Spokane, Episcopal Campus Ministry at Eastern Washington University: $3,000
- Diocese of Vermont, Cooperative Christian Ministry at the University of Vermont: $10,000
A team of reviewers, including Provincial Campus Ministry Coordinators and leaders in ministry with young adults, reviewed the grant applications. A total of 52 applications were received representing $751,972.75 in requests.
For more information contact Kelly.