The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry
Season 2 of The Episcopal Church’s podcast The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry, returns September 17. These weekly conversations, featuring Bishop Curry, podcast hosts Kyle Oliver and Sandy Milien, and a variety of guests, explore living a life committed to living the way of God’s unconditional, unselfish, sacrificial and redemptive love.
Each episode of Season 2 focuses on one of the seven Way of Love Practices for a Jesus-Centered Life: turn, learn, pray, worship, bless, go, and rest, with a focus on living these practices every day. Listeners will first hear from Bishop Curry, usually in conversation with a colleague. Then faith leaders from around the country will consider how each of the Way of Love practices takes on a distinctive character in a particular setting that might not look like Sunday morning “business as usual,” exploring questions about faith practices outside of church and some questions raised by following Jesus in a diverse and increasingly secular culture.
Season 2 guests include:
- Bishop Vashti McKenzie, African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Greg Russinger, co-founder and board president, Laundry Love
- Jerusalem Greer, staff officer for evangelism, The Episcopal Church
- The Rev. Dr. Patricia Lyons, author of Teaching Faith with Harry Potter
- Dr. Ruth Anderson and the Rev. Greg Farrand, co-directors, Second Breath Center
- Hugo Olaiz, assistant editor, Latino/Hispanic Ministries, Forward Movement
- The Rev. Katie Nakamura Rengers, vicar and director, The Abbey
- Andrea McKellar, diocesan ministry developer, The Episcopal Church in South Carolina
- Roger Hutchison, author of The Painting Table and The Very Best Day: The Way of Love for Children
- The Rev. Nurya Love Parish, co-founder and executive director, Plainsong Farm
New episodes air every Tuesday through November 5.
Reflection guides and related resources will be available with each episode.
The Way of Love with Bishop Michael Curry, is available on all podcast apps and at episcopalchurch.org. Visit the Way of Love podcast webpage to subscribe to the podcast through Apple iTunes, Google Play or Spotify and to sign up for notifications of new seasons as well as additional featured content.