Resources, meditations and study guides for experiencing a reflective Lenten season are available from the Episcopal Church.
Also on the Episcopal Church facebook page, an ongoing conversation focuses on Ash Wednesday/Lent. http://www.facebook.com/episcopalian
The resources have been complied by the Mission Staff of the Episcopal Church.
- Seeking God’s Justice for All: Exposing the Doctrine of Discovery Part Three:
- Elder Abuse Awareness: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/page/older-adult-ministries
- Carbon Fast: Beginning Ash Wednesday and throughout Lent, participants will receive a daily email with the day's suggested carbon-reducing activity. http://www.macucc.org/pages/detail/2410.
- Episcopal Relief & Development 2012 Lenten Meditations http://www.er-d.org/Lent/
- Good Friday Offering Lenten Education Series from the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/page/good-friday-offering-resources
- “Claiming the Vision: Baptismal Identity in the Episcopal Church”: video resource produced as a collaborative effort of Bloy House (the Episcopal Theological School at Claremont), the Episcopal Church Center, and the Evangelical Education Society. Here or http://bloyhouse.org/vision.html
- World Council of Churches’ Ecumenical Water Network: a Lenten course titled "Seven Weeks for Water: The Blue Economy.” http://www.oikoumene.org/en/activities/ewn-home/resources-and-links/seven-weeks-for-water.html
- The Anglican Communion’s Bible in the Life of the Church: a five-week course for Lent 2012 titled "And It Was Good". http://www.anglicancommunion.org/ministry/theological/bible/lent.cfm.
- Eco-Palms: harvesters gather only quality palm fronds in a way that allows the plant to keep growing. https://www.ecopalms.org/
The Lenten Resources will be available throughout Lent and Easter. Additional resources will be added throughout Lent.
The Episcopal Church welcomes all who worship Jesus Christ in 109 dioceses and three regional areas in 16 nations. The Episcopal Church is a member province of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
The Episcopal Church: www.episcopalchurch.org