Samuel McDonald, Episcopal Church Director of Mission and Deputy Chief Operating Officer, announced the recipients of the New Opportunities Grants, totaling $75,000.
The Episcopal Church Office of Indigenous Ministries and the Executive Council Committee on Indigenous Ministries invited Episcopal communities with Native American initiatives to submit proposals for the New Opportunities Grants, which provided funding for programs in 2014.
“The New Opportunities Grant was a project established to assist native people throughout the Episcopal Church to develop new and innovative approaches to their ministry,” explained Sarah Eagle Heart, Episcopal Church Program Officer for Indigenous Ministries.
- Diocese of Alaska - Old Minto, Alaska Bible Camp: Summer 2014 : $8,500.00
- Diocese of Alaska - Iona Mentor Training – BNC: $8,000.00
- Diocese of Alaska - Memories and Recollections of Gwich'in Elders of the Episcopal Church: $8,000.00
- Diocese of Arizona - Building Bridges: Inspiring and Empowering Native American community development/partnerships: $8,000.00
- Diocese of Minnesota - Camping and Creation: $8,000.00
- Diocese of Minnesota - Minnesota Healing Movement for Community Action: $8,000.00
- Diocese of North Dakota - Pathways to Ministry: $8,000.00
- Diocese of Olympia - Building Capacity in Indigenous Latin American Immigrant Episcopal Communities: $3,500.00
- Diocese of South Dakota - Rosebud Episcopal Mission GLORY Program: $8,000.00
- Diocese of South Dakota - Mending Broken Hearts: Healing from Unresolved Grief and Intergenerational Trauma: $7,000.00
Episcopal Church: www.episcopalchurch.org