Formation: Practicing Jesus’s Way of Healing Love
We are always practicing and being formed in Jesus’ way of healing love, especially as he calls us to cross racial, cultural and ethnic lines, to examine structures of oppression and their impact on our own and others’ lives, and to grow as ambassadors of reconciliation and healing in the world.
Baptismal Promise: Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving your neighbor as yourself?
- How will we grow as reconcilers, healers, and justice-bearers?
- What activities, practices, learning and experiences would (trans)form us?
- How will we share and receive stories, grow relationship across dividing walls, and seek Christ in each other and in our neighbors?
- Becoming Beloved Community Where You Are (pp. 6-7)
- Resources: Formation and Learning
- Anti-racism and Dismantling Racism Training
- Sacred Ground Small-Group Curriculum
- Doctrine of Discovery Training
- Healing from Internalized Oppression Training
- Absalom Jones Center for Racial Healing
- Beloved Community StorySharing
- Racial Justice and Reconciliation Pilgrimages